Friday, December 24, 2010

Aku mandom dan manja.

Okay...when i was on sabbatical, I didnt just sit back at home, lazing around and watch spongebob. I also did some serious rl stuff too. I hung out with Adam who's on holiday, spent some quality time with the girlfriend, and I got myself a job too. But it wasnt for long. I called it quit after three days. Tehee. Yahaya and Hafiz recommended me the job. They had already started working for a week when I started. The idea of terrific trio reunion got to me and I got really excited, so I applied for it. Kat mana? Erm Lets just say it's a hypermarket in Jelutong.

I was in the SRR Department which stands for Stock Replenishment Review. Well basically my job (routine) was to make stock adjustment, do Reduce to Clear pricing, do out-of-shelf-review, destroy products, and make an order to vendors if the stocks run out. Did you notice if you go to a store, there's someone who's walking around carrying a device that looks like a gun? Yep, that's an SRR staff. I used a lot of that scanner to do my work. In SRR we have all those routine that I've mentioned before to be done during the day.

I've worked in the Fresh Division. Under Fresh Division, there are a few department under it such as Seafood, Meat, Bakery and Delica, Produce (fruits and vegetables) and Daily n Dairy (icecream, frozen food, yogurt). Unlike me, Hafiz and Yahaya are working together in the Grocery Division. Out of all the routine, RTC (reduce to clear) is the most hardest job. Basically, we are responsible to reduce the price of a product if a product is near to its expiry date. If you go to my store and saw a product with a yellow label, that means the products are sold at a very cheap price.

The decreased in price were totally set by the SRR department. Ikut suka mak bapak kami nak bagi kurang berapa peratus. Tehee. But the decrease kena la berpada-pada. Kalau barang elok lagi, setakat 25% cukup la. Tapi kalau barang dah ala-ala tak nampak lagu barang, kadang sampai 85% pun boleh. :-) Here comes the hard part. Since fresh division produk dia jangka hayat tak lama, kami kena banyak buat rtc. Sayur-sayur, ikan-ikan, memang kena buatla rtc kerap-kerap sebab jangka hayat product dia tak lama. Tambah-tambah department produce. Memang famous macam artis jugakla sebab orang dok kerumun kami nak tgk barang apa kami RTC. haizz..

Another routine yang mencabar is to destroy product. Biasala bila barang tak terjual and dah rosak, kami kena la buat destroy review. We have to go the loading deck, and present all of the stuff that we are going throw away in front of the duty manager. Bau barang2 ni memang terbaik. Hanyir, busuk, masam taktau nak kata. Hehe. It was fun though. But these are not the reasons why I quit. All in all I really love my job. The pay was quite good too. Like really good. But at this point in my life, Im not very much money oriented. The reason they gave us a good pay is because we need to finish all routine everyday.

Selagi tak abes routine, selagi tu lah tak boleh balik. Kadang2 dapat balik paling awal pun pukul 6. But most of the time pukul 7 lah. Masuk plak pukul 7 am. I cant afford that. It's too time consuming. Balik2 takdan nak buat apa dah kena get ready untuk esok. Dengan tuition apa suma, tau2 ja dah kena tido. My priority right now is time. Time for myself. Time for my family. Time for people whom I love. Call me mandom, call me manja but I wouldnt trade my time for an extra bucks just yet. Maybe later, when I finished my degree. But for now, I dont mind earning less so long I get to go home, feeling safe with the family.



No comments:

Post a Comment