Thursday, September 2, 2010

The wall

Okay just a quick update before I go for my friday prayers. As of yesterday, I have been on a smoking cessation for about a month. One full month, I'v gotta be kidding myself. Sometimes I myself cant believe it. And no, I didnt cheat. Starting 2 August, I have never smoke even half a cigarette. I always thought that if I cheated on my task, it is likely that the reward that I'm getting is a scam. I mean you cheat people, people cheat you. Haha. Pfftt, I know I've said this thousands of times already but it's not easy to achieve this feat because after all I am competing against myself.

Speaking of competing against myself, Im joining this coming penang bridge international marathon. I think I'll be competing in the 10 kilos race. I am very tempted to test my perseverance and endurance participating in the full race, but maybe next year. Because you need hell lots of training and preparation if you were to run a 42 kilos marathon. To a lot of people, running a marathon is something you do to unravel the potential in them. You see, it doesnt matter how long it takes for you to finish the marathon.

The only thing that matters in running a marathon is finishing it. Because that long, painful, excruciating run is going to take it tolls on you. Kilometres by kilometres. As time goes by, and your muscle cant hold any longer you started to feel cramps and pulls here and there while at the same time your mind is giving up, sometimes even just a few kilometres short to the finish line; that's when you hit the 'wall'. Everybody have their own walls and everybody would like to get over that wall because the feeling of accomplishment is effking good.

It's not something just to test your physical strength, but also your mental strength. Try finishing one and you'll know how it feels. And yes its true, even some people who were skeptical at first comes back a different man. Another reason why I opted for 10 kilos run is because Im running with friends whom I adore the most. We are planning to really have a go at it while have fun. We even have a wager one, betting sapa yang akan quit halfway sapa yang boleh habis. haha. We'll see about that this november.

And oh, Syu lost her phone last Tuesday. I feel bad as I felt like Im partly to be blamed. :( urgh I really hope that we can find it even odds are against us since it's been 3 days since the phone been missing. Hang in there hun and be strong. Maybe ada hikmah and lessons that we should take from this. A 800 ringgit worth of lesson. :( Perhaps you already learnt something from it ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) and im sure ayah will understand eventually, eventhough at first he might be upset. Walaweh panjang plak. Anyway cuti dah start, yeay! Two weeks away from Balik Pulau and two weeks away from you. :( Two little Two long sobs

No comments:

Post a Comment