Sunday, January 20, 2013

Another whiny post

I'm currently on holidays. Just finished my exam last Friday. Didn't do much, just wasting my time away. Still suffering from final examination burn outs. Took 6 subjects, 3 of them were my major papers. All of them were giving me major headaches. I didnt mean to bitch and moan about it, but finance is bloody hard. I thought it was going to be a walk in the park, since I love calculations and hate reading. Turns out that my calculation prowess isn't good enough... and I still have to read pretty much every page from the textbook.

I got myself a two semesters exemption. And I am planning to stick with the three years graduation plan out of the four initial years before exemption. But here's the thing. Since I am majoring in finance, I have to take 6 major financial papers amounting to 20 units. We can't pick our major unless we're in our second year, according to the deputy dean. So by the time I picked my major, I only have 3 semesters left to complete these 20 units of major paper minus one semester for practical training. And because of the tight time frame, I got no choice  but to take 3 major papers for two consecutive semesters. One semester down; which I barely (hopefully) made it; one semester to go.

That doesn't even begin to fairly describe the hardships. You might think, 'what in the bloody hell this fag is whining about, it's just 3 major papers'. Now let me indulge you with the fact that I had to take three finance paper, one of which equivalent to level 1 CFA test, concurrently with no basic whatsoever. You see, there were pre-requisites paper. I.e you gotta take paper A in order to do paper B, and you need to pass paper B  in order to take paper C. I went all out of my way bending the rules by taking paper C, D , E and F. haha saja ja over dramatic sikit. I found out later (wayy later) that we already can pick our major during second semester in first year, which enraged me, because if I were able to do that, kurang la sikit beban. Meh, benda da lepas.

These major papers are giving me headache, I'm starting to contemplate whether I should still stick to my three years plan or add on another semester. Rasa sayang pulak nak add another semester considering I had went through so much already. Nak kena suffer lagi satu sem ja. On the other hands, Im afraid that this might   affect my cgpas. Haih. And i've been rambling and whining about my studies, sedangkan at the beginning of the post I was planning to write about my holiday plans. Macam off topic gila, so skarang kena tukar title pulak.=_=" Furthermore i made a vow to not complaint, whine or moan when Im back blogging. janji tinggal janji. heuheu. laters

No comments:

Post a Comment