Thursday, January 24, 2013

Jam Tangan Licorne

I don't wear a wrist watch, but I really do love 'em. I can't really remember when was the last time I ever wore one. Perhaps maybe three or four years ago. Back in the days, I used to have a Tissot which I bought around 800 bucks. It was a bargain, I bought it during a sales. Six months after, I knocked it on a goal post when playing futsal and it stopped working. Brought it back to the shop and the dealer said that the damage wasn't covered in the warranty, therefore I had to pay for it to be fixed. And to get it fixed, I had to fork out around 700 bucks. That's almost like buying a new one! Bloody hell. 

Then only I understand the maxim 'Lot of people can afford to buy a Mercedes, but not a lot of people can afford  the maintenance'. If you're looking to buy something pricey, make sure you're in capacity to maintain them. I learnt my lesson. Nasib baik jam ja, bukan kereta. In the end, I decided to not get it fixed, and let it collects dust in my drawer. And ever since then, I never wear a watch. Yea I could buy a cheap rip off watch from the pasar malam, just for the sake of time keeping, but I would never feel the same. Once you had the taste of a good, quality watch, you would never go back.

It's not the luxury, nor the brand and price. But the feeling it provides me whenever I wore it. Whenever you found something that really fit your style and made you feel so comfortable, it is unlikely you'll look for others. Take my Predator futsal shoes for example. It was the only shoe that suit my playing style; wrapped nicely to my foot's shape and size and provide so much 'umph' in my futsal-experince. After the shoe all worn out, there's no other shoe that could replace it. Even shoes that were more expensive could not 'complete' me like the Predator did. lulz macam awek pulak

That is why I didn't wear a watch all these years. I keep telling myself that my next watch is going to be something fancy. I will wait up, get myself enough dough and find the perfect watch that I really want. Ok ni macam bini pulak. A watch that can last a lifetime so that I could inherit them to my kids. You get the idea. In the mean time, I'm just browsing and learning about all there is about watches. My dream watch would be a Panerai, perhaps a Patek if I married a rich woman could stretch my budget. But lately, I have grown to like mechanical watch.

I don't know what about it that attracts me. Probably the craftsmanship, the movement, the escape mechanism and that  it never use a battery that you have to wind them up yourself. It gives you that kind of old school feeling, unlike the standard quarts and digital watch available in the market now. Of course, these kind of watches are expensive. But I just found out about the Chinese Standard Movement watches, and to my surprise, their watches are top class. The time keeping is reliable, probably you don't even have to adjust the timing your whole life at all. And most importantly, it is cheap. Maybe I should splurge out the cash now to buy this little watch-gasm?

No comments:

Post a Comment