Monday, April 25, 2011

Led and Jerry

The parents were discussing about the possibilities of me studying ACCA, and they are all behind me, should I be any interested to commit. They are willing to fork out that cash for the fees and give me all the support I need. Thanks abah, mama. But I'm no free rider. I am obliged to help out too. And due to the nature of the classes that are held like once a week, I can find the time to work and help them pay the fees.

But when I tried to picture it in my mind, it scared the shit out of me. It's not the money that scares me. And it's not the job either. And definitely not the crazy ass low passing mark.
If you can see starting from F4 onwards, the percentage who'd passed is very very low. Lagi banyak orang fail dari orang pass. But that don't scares me neither. I have faith in myself. I always believe that I'll do well.

The thing that scares me is the settling down. I played it in my mind over and over again. Me attending up to three classes per week while at the same time working to make ends meet. With no football, no life and no friends (lets face it, ain't many malay's taking the course), I asked myself whether I'm up for it. Same shit, different day for 3 years. No more 'otak seminit' decision making. No more possibilities of a career in things other than accounting.

Settling down is under rated. For sure, it sounded like it's easy. Settle down. Ang settle semua isu-isu pasal future ang. You made a commitment, stick to it. End of story. But the things we have to let go, it's too much of an ask.


Jerry: Son, I was far more broken that you'll ever be. And look at me now. Don't get me wrong. Settling down is... a challenge. It's the biggest challenge of your life.

Barney: So how do you do it?

Jerry: A magician never reveal his greatest trick. But I'll give you a hint. You gotta meet the right girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment