Monday, April 11, 2011

Menuju Medan Bakti

It's decided. We're sending two teams for this week's Piala Yang DiPertua. Sir Jimmy has divided us into

Team A.
Hadi (C)
Farhan
Naqi
Nizam
Rizal
Nabil (GK)
Shahfudin

Team B.
Dowfy
Hafiz Ringgo
Pali (GK)
Safwan Pong
Azmil (C)
Ari
Suhail


For the past week we've been training, training and training. We had a few friendlies too. Lawan Kongsi, IKBN and Teknik BP. Everybody is beaming with confidence. I'm glad that we're so united regardless which teams that we belong. I thought that after our early exit in the previous tournament, people would slow down a wee bit. But we're stronger than ever, motivated as ever. Siap chip in duit sorang sikit nak buat jersi. Even the girls team pun buat.

Will unveil you the pics of our new jersey after the new kit introduction ceremony. Cewah ada ceremony pulak. Haha. It's only our second tournament, we should be realistic. Kalau boleh lepas grouping stage it should count as an achievement already. After all this is a four star tournament. It offers three thousand ringgit for the cash reward and teams outside Penang is going to participate.

A little bird told me that some people are uneasy with me playing for the college because konon-kononnya I have one eye on the Pingat Emas. Fyi pingat emas is the highest recognition that ICT award to their most high achieving student during the convocation. In order to get a gold medal, a student must achieve a distinctive feat in academics, sports, curricular etc. Pingat emas is not given every year. Ada tahun yang depa bagi, ada tahun yang depa tak bagi kat sapa-sapa.

And just because my CV seems to be lacking in the sports/competition department, they said I have hidden agenda. Lol. Well, first thanks for caring to the extend of constructing my imaginary CV sedangkan aku sendiri pun tak terfikir sampai camtu skali. Second, I dont give a rat ass about the gold medal. I play because I love football and I'm a proud ICTian. Nobody could take that away from me. As if those people would understand what it means to score goals and to throw your body in front of the goal line blocking the ball.

If only they love football as much as I do, they'd understand. Even if they understand pun, it's useless. They just want a reason to have a go at me. And even if I do have one eye on the gold medal pun, what seems to be the problem? Schadenfreude, much? Haih. I dont have to justify myself to people who don't know jack about the team. The boys love me. And I love them. That's all that matters. Sound kinda gayish lol =_="

No comments:

Post a Comment