Monday, April 18, 2011

Wedding Bells

Chris Martin is a great lad. The Coldplay frontman recently flew all the way from New York to London just to play for a charity gig for the owner of a pub which he was a regular customer back in the days. The owner and his spouse died and due to shortage of fund to send them away, he and a few celebrities began to raise money.



He managed to play wedding bells, a song which had yet to be released officially and later revealed that the song is about taking a swipe at liam gallagher, the Oasis frontman whom six years ago had performed a put-down on him calling him a 'plant pot'. After wedding bells, Chris Martin asked for request and ironically Oasis's Wonderwall was requested. He agreed, but not after he pulled a heckler and having a pop back at liam first.

Oasis and Coldplay are definitely up there in my favourite Brit band list alongside the Beatles. And Pink Floyd. And Iron Maiden. They came from the same country and their style and genre are quite similar in many ways, so it's hard to compare these two. But if I were to choose between the two, I'd pick Oasis any day. I realized that I listened to Coldplay more than Oasis nowadays but I grew up listening to Oasis. Some of their stuff is not my cup of tea, but some of their musics I dig.

Plus, Liam is a Man City fan, who despise Man United more than any fan in the world. tehee.

No comments:

Post a Comment