Friday, March 4, 2011

the awakening

Faruk came by to visit last Wednesday after almost 10 months since the last time we hung out. Kalau dah 10 months, that means Ijoi's marriage is nearing it's one year anniversary. Kudos Ijoi. As always, we caught up stories updating whats new with our life. It always amazed me how we could, you know, just 'hit it off' even after quite some time being apart. There's no awkwardness, no uncomfortable chat, no pretentious drama. We just picked where we left off, as if we were never apart. As if nothing has changed.

We also made time to play futsal with my friends. And boy, he's more of a complete player now. I mean, I have always regard him as a top player but a few years ago, he was only a rough diamond. And now he has turned into a polished, shiny gem. During his visit he also managed to get to know Naqi and Nabil. Good God, the siblings were revealing my stories; embarrassing ones to him. After listening to them, Faruk ripped me off, hard. Celaka faruk. Celaka the MNR sibling.

But being ripped off and having banters thrown at me had made me realize how much I miss the good old days. People hardly ripped me off here in Penang. Maybe because most of my friends are younger so they hesitated to do so. I also realized that I have come a long way to be where am I right now. I have changed. We all do. There are dreams that I have given up, and there are new dreams that I wanted to pursue. So did Faruk. He finally wanted to settle down, and he had also decided to resume the family business.


We have taken a different path. We have changed. Papaq is trying to get himself to study in the US, Pakwan is now a Forex trader, Kuga is now interested in politics (haha), and Faruk finally wants a committed relationship. But one thing will remain unchange; the bond and the memories that we have. We would still remember how Faruk and I got robbed. We would still remember Papaq's offside trap. We would still remember the day Kuga accidentally ate beef. And we would still remember Pak Wan's cooking. Wherever, whenever, we could just picked where we left off. Like a long lost brothers.

2 comments:

  1. We would still remember the day Kuga accidentally ate beef.
    seyes lawak ! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dah gigit big mac.
    "weh big mac ni ayam ka daging?"

    haha!

    ReplyDelete