Sunday, March 6, 2011

Never Say Never

Urgh I dunno why but it seems like this week has been quite a nostalgic week for me. I think I know why. That visit from an old friend really got to me. So i took the liberty to walk down the memory lane, trying to remember a few things from the past. And then I stumbled upon this song:

Verse 1
Some things we don't talk about
better do without
just hold a smile
we're falling in and out of love
the same damn problem
together all the while

Chorus: you can never say never
why we don't know when
time and time again
younger now then we were before
don't let me go (6x)

Verse 2
picture, you're the queen of everything
as far as the eye can see
under your command
i will be your guardian
when all is crumbling
steady your hand
Repeat Chorus.

Bridge
we're falling apart
and coming together again and again
we're coming apart
but we pull it together
pull it together, together again


This song was distributed on July 2008 as The Fray's second single and I listened to it right away. And if you have followed this blog for quite some time, you'd know what happened in July 2008 kan? I was experiencing my first major break up and technically this song was my official break up song. I dont know, but this song has been so deep and sad, i cant afford to hear it much.

Verse 1
It pretty sums up everything that you knew about. Holding on when things get tough and never letting go no matter what happen. There are some things that you avoid acknowledging, no matter how it was there; because life would be easier without those. No matter how it's there, you just ignored it and 'just hold the smile'. There are days when you fought, and days when you don't. Love, hate, sad, happy all at the same time.

Some days you're happy, and others..not so much, but you keep coming back because you conceded that this was how it was supposed to be. You cant help feeling like that. You keep insisting to her that you can "never say never" when you don't know what might happen in the future, and that things seem confusing, and you feel less mature than you were before. And those quiet times when you spend alone, this is what you'll be singing to her. Don't let me go... And suddenly, she's gone.

Verse 2
You're telling her now that she can be happy, and do what she wants. She can be the "Queen of everything", but you'll always be there for her, just like you're her best friend. And when she's having a rough day, you're by her side, no matter what, no matter how badly she hurts you. And you're begging her, don't let me go, don't let me go, don't let me go-o-o.

Bridge
You don't know what's happening. You're getting closer every day, and then, it seems to rip apart. You get close again, and you're pulled apart again. It seems that life just can't make up it's mind on what to do with you. For now, you've given up, and you're just begging, "Please, baby, don't let me go..."

No comments:

Post a Comment