Wednesday, March 2, 2011

IOU

I use a lot of abbreviations/internet slang when I am chatting or texting. It makes my life easier that way. I dont have to type long words and I can deliver the message quickly. However, not all people know these abbreviations I've been using and I have to take some time explaining to them. In the end, the time that I expected to save was spent explaining to them, thus defeating the purpose of abbreviations: to save time. Once, i texted a girl 'lol' and she thought it means 'lots of love'. lol. I had a hard time explaining to her. Well here are some of the most frequent abbreviations used by me:

LOL - laugh out loud

LMAO - laughing my ass off

ROFL - rolling on the floor laughing

ROFLMAO - rolling on the floor laughing my ass off

SNAFU - situation normal, all f***ed up

TBH - to be honest

IMO - in my opinion

IMHO - in my humble opinion

TTML - talk to me later.

TTYL - talk to you later

GG - good game

YALLA - hurry up in arabic (picked it up when I was in mmu)

FFS - for f*** sake

ETA - estimated time of arrival

FTW - for the win

IDK - i dont know

vroom vroom - racist son of a gun

fap fap - masturbating

noob - newbie, but meant in an offensive way.

troll - the act of spamming unnecessary stuff in forums, fb walls etc


there's plenty more. will update if i can think of any.

No comments:

Post a Comment