Friday, March 25, 2011

Semboyan telah berbunyi..

Say hello to the captain of ICT futsal team. tehee.

#5: Fav number. Always. Since 03
Today Cik Jimmy did his final selection for the team. Seven creme de la creme was chosen and I'm given the captain's armband. Well here's the line up for tomorrow's contigent:

Manager: Wan Zabidi
Coach: Norulazmi (Jimmy)
Team official: Ari
Players: Ridzal
Nizam
Farhan
Pali (GK)
Hadi
Azmil (C)
Dowfy

Well done lads. You guys deserved it. For those who didn't make the cut, there's always other tournament in the future. I felt bad at first. It feels as if that I've stolen a spot in the team. I mean, it wasn't my intention to get selected at the first place. I'm no longer an ICT student. When I participated during the selection tournament last week pun, Naqi and Shah vouched for me to the HEP and Sir Jimmy.

Full kit: The legendary orange jersey

But still, we received our chances equally. Even yang tak terpilih pun masa tournament last week can come for training to try their luck. There's no special treatment towards anybody. Like everybody else, I worked my ass off. Day in day out. Selamba ja sliding tackle atas simen. But it was worth every bruises, cuts and wounds to hear that I am chosen to wear that orange jersey tomorrow.

The windbreaker, with trousers

And oh..today I was invited to this talk show organised by Komed in conjunction of the ICT Curriculum Day. They wanted me to talk about my achievement and maybe try to inspire others. It went well, I supposed. But more about that later. I thought my sabbatical would take longer, given my emotional turmoil and all. But this week has been quite a turning point for me. With futsal, Macam-Macam Komed and other things, I realized that there's more to life than this.

Back in the old days, ICT was a feared futsal team. Sebut ja KTP, orang nanti kia. Seriously. Our seniors had left a legacy. They have gone places and we hope that we can emulate those success too, now that the team is back again after so long. Anyway, better get some sleep. Big day tomorrow. Come support us if you're free. Kami lawan kat Politeknik Seberang Perai esok. Wish us luck.





No comments:

Post a Comment